Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What if I had givern up? Part 4 of 4

I'm calling this last part "Even if it takes a year". Because what if you knew it would take you a year to get in shape? Would you give up? Would you say that it wasn't worth it to only lose 12 pounds in a year? Gosh, that's only 1 pound a month. Why would I work so hard for only one pound a month? There are women around me on "insert fad diet here" losing 5 pounds a week. Really, how long does that weight stay gone? A year later do they still look good? And do they just look good in clothes but not in a bikini?
Here's why you should not give up, even if it takes a year. (not that old pic from sept again!!! hehehe)
Sept 2009:

Sept 2010:


Sept 2009:


Sept 2010:


So, what would you do?

Would you give up? One pound (on the scale) a month not worth it?  To me it was worth every single moment of hard work and clean eating. And honestly, you dont have to eat perfect. You should enjoy cheats here and there. With me when I have a good cheat like pizza or burgers and fries, or desserts it just revs my body up for more weight loss.
But you can't just do this with diet and cardio. If you want to get lean and have curves you MUST LIFT WEIGHTS. And you have to lift them heavy. Obviously starting out you want to be careful, but you need to challenge your muscles. As Michelle (BuffMother) always says - Challenge=Change. If you are not lifting heavy (for you) to challenge yourself you will NOT see change. You will just get a smaller skinny-fat body.
So get started! Grab your weights, clean up your diet, work hard, lift heavy, add in some cardio and get to it.
Even if it takes a year girls!!

2 comments:

Jeff Vandiver said...

Well, I just wanted to congratulate you on all the hard work that was put into your new body. You look fantastic! Now I understand why you haven't been gardening! :-)

Crystabel said...

Thanks EG! LOL, I actually DID plant a box this past week. But I'm doing another show in 8 days, so it's going a bit slow.